Sunday, January 13, 2013

If you don't like the weather, just wait and it'll change.

So yesterday, it was 60 degrees and rainy and today, the high is only supposed to be 36 30 degrees! That's Arkansas for ya.

So Hubby is working today and since I know he's going to be out in the cold, wet weather, I thought that I'd make chili for supper. I know he'll appreciate it when he gets home tonight I take it to him later.



Ingredients:

2 lb. ground beef
2-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 24 oz. jar salsa (I use medium heat)
1 15oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained (I know there are two in the picture, but I only used one.)
1 15 oz. can kidney beans, undrained
1 15 oz. can Great Northern (Yankee, as my Daddy called them) beans, undrained
salt & pepper, to taste
Toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese & tortilla chips



Add raw meat, garlic, salt & pepper to slow cooker. Cook on HI for 30 minutes, then stir. If meat is done, go to next step. If not, replace lid and cook an additional 15-30 minutes. It's ok, if it's still a little pink. The main goal is to get rid of as much grease as possible.



Drain fat off meat and add back to crock.

Add remaining ingredients, except toppings, and stir well. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.



Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese & tortilla chips. Delicious & easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment